Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Fo: Regia "Summer Nights" Socks

My Regia socks are off the needles and are perfect for the chillier nights in the house. This colorway is so wonderful, I'm going to have to say that these are my new favorite knitted socks!
 Who doesn't love instant colorwork?

Pattern: plain vanilla socks with an aftertought heel
Yarn: 2 skeins of Regia's Design Line yarn by Arne & Carlos in the "Summer Nights" colorway
Needles: US 1 (2.25mm)
Started: March 17th, 2017 (I've been very casually working on this)
Completed: October 9th, 2017 
Notes: toe-up method, 64 sts, 1x1 ribbing, 6'' leg and foot (US 7.5 womens)

 I used the afterthought heel method, that is like knitting two sets of toes per sock. It's a great sock method, if you are ever feeling a need for a change, or you don't want to break up your colorwork (in my case).
This makes me want to plunge down the rabbit hole and do some real colorwork mittens! I will start with Tin Can Knit's Strange Brew sweater formula and create a white/red Christmas sweater. Then maybe Shelbu mittens?
 Have you tried any of Regia's "Design Line" yarns? If so, what's your favorite one?
Have a great week everyone. Another podcast is coming your way in a few days. Stay tuned.

No comments: