Monday, April 25, 2016

WIP: Reyna #2

I just couldn't help myself. I had to cast on for another Reyna Shawl.

I was originally planning on knitting my second one using sport or worsted weight yarn, but I couldn't help but wonder what my handpainted sock yarn might look like in this shawl.

So I decided to go with my "Fairy Cove" sock yarn that I dyed back in 2007. It's been waiting patiently for 9 years to become something wonderful. 9 years. Wow. I really should open that sock drawer more often.

Spring is finally here, and it's wonderful to see plants come back to life. This photo was taken on my back stone patio by my lavander plant.
 Pattern: Reyna by Noora Laivola
Needles: Size US 4 circlar needles (Knitpicks' Caspian interchangeable tips)
Yarn: KUAS superwash blend fingering weight yarn, colorway "Fairy Cove" (lilac, periwinkle, silver, white and brown)
Start date: 4/18/16
The colors really look better in real life. I took this photo during twilight time, so the silver is not even showing up.

I hope you are enjoying the warming of the weather. Bring your project outside, sip on some tea or coffee and enjoy life to its fullest.

No comments: